The Education Trust Fund (ETF) was established in 1990. Each year, WeRPN dedicates one dollar from every membership to the Fund to offer practical nursing student members in their first or second year of study access to educational bursaries valued at $1000.
To be eligible for ETF funding, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in a Practical Nursing program (full-time or part-time) at an accredited Ontario college.
- Be a student member of WeRPN.
To apply for an Education Trust Fund bursary, applicants must submit the following:
- Completed Application Form
- Applicant Essay: Each applicant is required to submit a 750-1000 word scholarly essay using APA formatting on one of the following topics:
- Client Centred Care
- Patient Advocacy
- Scope of Practice
- Letter of Reference: Applicants must submit a letter from a nursing faculty using their educational institution’s official letterhead, stating professionalism and/or performance of the student.
Submitting your Application
Applications for the bursary award opens in September and must be submitted through the online form below.
The deadline to submit an application is October 31st of each year.
Applicants will be notified about funding decisions by November 30th.
For additional information contact the WeRPN office at 905-602-4664 or 1-877-602-4664 ext. 234
or send an email to email@example.com