The WeRPN Preceptor Award of Excellence is bestowed upon a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in recognition of outstanding contributions as a role model for a practical nursing student.
The role of the preceptor is to provide guidance to a student entering the practice setting by
creating a positive learning environment in which the student can expand his/her knowledge
and skills by integrating nursing theory into practice.
The nominee must be:
- A preceptor (in the past twelve months) for a nursing student enrolled in an Ontario college
practical nursing program
- Nominated by a nursing student
- Be a member in good standing of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Consistently demonstrates excellence as a preceptor by creating an environment of learning
that has resulted in meaningful learning experiences
- Acts as a role model by demonstrating outstanding competence and professionalism in the
practice setting that meets nursing standards of practice
- Actively and consistently demonstrates strong leadership, knowledge and a professional
approach during interactions with the nursing student and colleagues
- Demonstrates an ongoing willingness to precept students and facilitate learning using a creative, collaborative approach, setting evidence-based goals to meet objectives, monitoring progress, and providing constructive ongoing evaluation to achieve student success
- Demonstrates a commitment to the relationship by recognizing the unique needs of each
student and dedicates the necessary time to support and enhances the student learning
- Nominees must be nominated by a nursing student who has worked directly with the preceptor
- Nominators are required to submit specific examples of how the nominee meets or exceeds the selection criteria
Nominations submitted for the WeRPN Preceptor Award of Excellence 2022 must be submitted to WeRPN through the online form below no later than Friday, July 29, 2022.
The award presentation will occur in October 2022.
The nominator and recipient will be notified by September 1, 2022.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org